- 4 medium potatoes peeled,cubed and boiled
- 1 cup curd/dahibeaten
- 1 tsp besan/gram flour/
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds/rai/sarson
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera seeds
- 1 tsp fennel/saunf seeds
- 1/2 tsp nigella/kalonji seeds
- 1 bayleaf/tejpatta
- 2 cloves/lavang
- 2 sticks cinnamon/dalchini
- 1 pinch asafoetida/hing
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric/haldi powder
- 1 tsp coriander/dhania powder
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves chopped for garnishing
In a bowl, mix the curds and gram flour together and whisk well in a blender. Keep aside.
Heat ghee in a pan and add the mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon and asafoetida and stir for a 1/2 a minute.
Add the curds and gram flour mixture, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and continue stirring till it comes to a boil.
Add the potatoes and salt with little about 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Bring to a boil.
Serve hot, garnished with the coriander.